Bachelor of Information Management (BIM) blends the two strategic disciplines of information technology and management. The programme offers integrated knowledge and develops technological skills giving students a unique edge in the IT world. It develops the next generation who can apply the opportunities in the digital world to a fast changing business environment and find innovative solutions thereby contributing to society. Graduates are able to interrelate IT & management concepts or tools with managerial skills appropriately to support business analysis and operations.
Key Learning Outcomes
● Attain deep understanding, knowledge & skills about information systems, information technology, and management to apply them pragmatically
● Use computers & computational techniques for developing effective information systems to solve real life problems in the organizational milieu
● Develop object oriented software design methods, data management systems, web technology & programming to meet industrial & commercial needs
● Acquire systems analysis tools & methodologies and organizational & managerial skills to deploy IT effectively for business success
● Cultivate critical thinking and a balanced approach to IT & Management so as to enter the IT business profession with the knowledge expected
Today’s business world heavily relies upon computers and networking for its continued operation. Consequently, most of the organizations are completely computerized and plenty of other organizations are also in the process of transforming from age old manual systems to digitalized systems.
Management information systems assist students to learn how to use computer technology, management and problem solving strategies to make, or improve, managerial decisions. BIM majors get to understand the needs of both business people using their own systems and computer science professionals who create such customized systems.
As a result, graduates readily find prestigious jobs for handling numerous tasks required to create and sustain complex financial computer systems globally. In the context of Nepal, the role of such professionals is rapidly gaining ground.
Careers by Area
● Information Management IT Managers in government, the private sector, NGOs and INGOs
● Software Engineering Database administrator, Software Project Managers in software companies
● Knowledge Engineering Information Systems Experts for Big Data repositories and information systems
● Networking Network experts for managing secure networked communication
● Software Applications Apply computing technology to solve problems outside the everyday computer field, for example, in education or medicine
● Information Technology Develop and manage information systems that support a business or organization.
● Information Management Information Systems Experts designing and implementing information systems to assist decision making
● Artificial Intelligence Develop computers that simulate human learning and reasoning abilities