Bachelor of Information Technology (BIT)offers a whole new dimension in the development of Information Systems and the interactions between people and systems. The programme aims to train students to become fully fledged professionals in the field of information technology. It focuses on deep understanding and skill building in software, hardware, networking, data structures, and computer architecture. Graduates become internationally acceptable professionals because of the strength and expertise they gain in information technology, the fastest growing sector of the modern economy.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Analyze, design and develop software or computer systems and design secure networks & monitor them to handle data and information worldwide
- Design and develop web, desktop or mobile based systems, build up websites, and create software applications to satisfy customer needs
- Gain specialization in configuration, integration, development, and testing of systems and networks to meet industrial needs
- Resolve system related issues and troubleshoot communication and networking problems to ensure smooth operation
- Acquire skills and expertise in intelligent information retrieval systems to benefit decision making bodies in an organization
BIT instills highly sought after skills in computer programming, database development, networking, website development, systems modeling and computer security. These are vital skills for gaining entry into organizations which demand confident and technically equipped computing graduates.
Graduates, focusing on specialist areas of their choice including web technology, network and communications, database or software development, will have many job opportunities in real world projects in the thriving world of IT. Further, with the added knowledge of multiple subjects in IT that this academic qualification provides, students earning this degree can have rewarding careers.
The demand for IT professionals is continually on the rise every sector with many new jobs being created every year. So well qualified graduates can find openings in Nepal or abroad easily or even can start their own ventures.
Careers by Area
- Information System Management Information and system managers in various private and governmental organizations in Nepal
- Software Engineering Software engineers capable of making ultra modern CASE tools for monitoring and implementing different aspects of software development
- Networking Network managers for deploying and maintaining large secure networks
- Artificial Intelligence Specialists of complex intelligent algorithms used in computer based systems
- Software Development Software engineers for overseeing overall software production processes using high end development technology
- Web and Internet Programming Web developers for developing intelligent software systems using PHP, JAVA, and ASP.net
- Network and Cyber Security Network administrators looking after the overall security of the networks of private or public organizations, banks, NGOs or INGOs
- Database Designing Database designers for implementing database solutions for assorted organizations