Master of Information Technology (MIT) is an advanced degree: coursework which focuses on the amalgamation of Information Technology and opportunities, enabling information systems’ professionals to understand technological issues as well as integration fundamentals of IT.
The program aims to enhance graduates’ IT skills in order to solve real world problems, to make graduates more effective in their jobs and in the IT marketplace, and to provide state-of-the-art IT training for professionals. It focuses on advanced aspects of database management, information system management, software engineering, cloud concepts, intelligent systems, system-&-network administration, big data, and the latest trends & ongoing changes in the field of IT.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Design advanced database architecture and ensure the database security mechanisms integrate with modern information systems
- Implement concepts of distributed systems and real-time systems in real time or specified timing
- Design and develop Object Oriented Software and highly scalable systems from an industrial perspective
- Acquire expertise to analyze MIS management responsibilities including planning, budgeting, project management, and personnel management
- Resolve security-related issues and improve overall capabilities of information security management systems
- Design and implement advance network technology with impeccable security while maintaining topmost industrial standards
The IT industry offers attractive prospects for an MIT Graduate in special areas such as Software Development, Network Administration & Security, Database Management & Security, Data Science, Cloud Computing, and Research on innovative IT subjects.
Students who have already established themselves, in some ways, as IT professionals will be able to polish their skills in particular areas, and thereby give themselves a clear edge in their career advancement. With the highly rising demand of professionals in the IT sector, MIT graduates are most likely to stand out among others in the IT sector, and become a welcome and wanted part of large-scale or mega- IT projects at both national and international levels.
Careers by Area
- Network and Cyber Security: Network and Cyber security experts to help secure an organization's computer network system including updating security infrastructure and monitoring network for security concerns
- System and Network Administration: System and Network Administrators to oversee and maintain the daily operations of an organization's computer network determining both hardware and software needs, install upgrades, and maintain the network's security
- Information System Management: Information System Managers to design, manage, and monitor information systems by overseeing a team of specialists who install and maintain hardware and software upgrades
- Database Management System & Security: Database Engineers for the designing and maintenance of databases as well as monitoring systems for security breaches or any anomalies
- Software Engineering: Software Engineers who use their technical skills and computing creativity to apply the principles of software engineering in order to help solve new or ongoing problems in an organization or to find solutions for real-time problems
- Data Science: Data Analysts using their technical expertise to ensure the quality and accuracy of data under scrutiny, and thereby to help people, businesses, or organizations make better decisions
- Cloud Computing: Cloud Engineers who design, implement, and manage cloud-based systems for businesses
Students seeking admission in MIT program:
- The Candidate (that is, the Applicant) must have passed BSc Computer Science, BSc CSIT, BSc IT, BEIT, BCA, BIT, PGDCA, BIM, BCIS, BBIS, or any Bachelor’s degree related to Information Systems, Information Technology, Information Science, Computer Application, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics, Communication Engineering, Information Management, or any other 4-year courses that have at least 40% computer core courses and computer programming.
- Candidates must have equivalent degrees with minimum 50% marks or GPA 2.00 in aggregate.
Entrance Exam Application Form: University Entrance Exam Application forms are available on the University Website. Applicants can also visit the concerned college website to fill in the form attaching all supporting documents and required photographs by the given deadline.
Entrance Exam: Getting through the University Entrance Exam is mandatory for admission in MIT.
KIST Admission form: Successful candidates in the University Entrance Exam should fill in the KIST Admission Form. Applicants who have filled the University Entrance Exam forms in any other college are also eligible to apply here at KIST.